Thursday, April 26, 2012

Whiny Wilma And Her Sidekick Smiley


This picture truly does speak a thousand words.  In so many ways, these two remind me of me and my younger brother David.  I'm going to have to dig up a picture of us to compare.  Keep in mind, David is one of 7 brothers.  I also am blessed with 6 sisters.  We are all a mish-mash of halves, but David is my only "full".  None of that really makes a difference. Except for David, him being the closest in age meant he bore the brunt of all of my loving abuse...the type of abuse that can only come from a first born.

My little girl has the most beautiful, long locks of red curls.  And little smiley just can't resist pulling them. Today, when she thought I wasn't watching, she got even. Poor smiley didn't know what hit him.

My mom always told me she hoped I would have a daughter just like me one day. Ok, Mom. Wish granted.

Siblings are the people we practice on,
the people who teach us about fairness 
and cooperation and kindness and caring,
quite often the hard way.
-Pamela Dugdale

2 comments:

  1. I love your new blog! I can relate to the hair pulling.....Carter has been doing that to Maddy lately too! It's probably bad, but after he kept doing it, I pulled his hair a few days ago and he instantly started crying and hasn't done it since. I hated to do that to him, but sometimes that's the only way they learn :)

    Hope you're doing well! I've bookmarked your blog and look forward to reading it! We should try to do a playdate this summer.....kids are out of school and we are going to be looking for things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alyssa!! So glad you like it!

    We miss you guys terribly! Gabriel has a bday coming up soon....hope you can make it. Invitations are coming soon. I foresee a few pool parties in our future!

    ReplyDelete